13874Re: [S-R] Bohok and Bohunk

  • amiak27
    Nov 30, 2005
      I enjoy finding word relationships as much as anyone and have
      demonstrated that I will jump to a conclusion as well, but in the
      end that all demands backup when you are working genealogy.

      Caution is a good thing to practice with word similarities, or you
      can quickly deduct that Germans are descended from Germs.

      Ron

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, nhasior@a... wrote:

      > Not to be combative but Bohunk was very much legitimately part of
      the
      > discussion only because the word Bohok was inserted into an
      ancestor's military
      > records as part of his name and the person researching the
      document asked for
      > advice on its meaning. i decided to put Bohok into the Google.com
      search engine
      > and it seems that the websites related to that word are
      Hungarian. someone who