13844Need translation or reference

  • Carl Kotlarchik
    Nov 28, 2005
      I have come across a strange word in a 1896 military passport document
      for which I cannot find a reference. Does anyone know what the term
      "Bohok" might mean? The word is in parenthesis between the first and
      last names of the individual. There is an accent mark on the
      second "o". Perhaps it was a nickname? It is used everytime the
      individual's name appears in the document but I have not found the
      term in any of the other records for this individual. I also have not
      been able to find the term in either a Hungarian or a Slovak
      dictionary.

      Carl Kotlarchik
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic