      From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of Antal Burjan
      Sent: Monday, October 10, 2005 9:52 PM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: Re: [S-R] Given name question

      Hello everybody,

      I'm just wondering... the Szekler-Hungarians living in Eastern Transsylvania
      between mountains almost as high as the Hight Tatras (with peaks above 2000
      m) usually have lots of cows and sheeps also. They let them out in the
      spring, animals and sheperds climb the mountain and they return home only in
      late autumn. In the meanwhile cheese is being made from the milk of the
      animals. I've visited several times Slovakia (I live now 20kms from the
      border) and the region looks quite familiar, even the construction style
      seems very familiar to me. I suppose people are somehow alike too.

      On the other hand I've never ever met the surname "Tej" in Hungarian. I
      don't say it doesn't exist, I just never met it... It might come from Polish
      or Slovak...but I only have some clues of Polish, and almost no idea of
      Slovak. I hope I also helped a little...