12723Re: Nizne Lapse

  • Tom
    Aug 3, 2005
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "johnqadam" <johnqadam@r...> wrote:

      > To see the village on the 1910 map, go to:
      > http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910/szepes.jpg
      >
      > Look in the upper left corner, green area for Alsolapos. That's your
      > village.
      >
      > On a straight line basis, the village is 5.5 km NORTH of the Polish
      > border with Slovakia. It is also 5.5 km WEST of the border with
      > Slovakia. The border makes a sharp turn to the north in that area.

      Well I had the right map but the wrong clue/ or no clue.

      I wish to thank "johnqadam" and Joseph R Armata for their timely and
      spot on assistence. The family is is quite thrilling to get started
      on this. More so than they have been in years.

      As I told them, well I got the easy part done for ya, now who wants to
      tackle the hard parts.

      I am sure that we will revisit this fine site and we are planning to
      take a trip in the region within the next 3 years.

      Again thanks

      Tom Salmon
      Virginia Beach
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic