12413Bartosovic, Kovacovsky, Borova and Budmerice

  • kddid_1999
    Jul 3 3:20 PM
      Hello, I am new to this group, I have been searching for information
      on my Czech. ancestry and history for over a year, but with very
      little results. My Grandfather,Teofil Bartosovic born 1896 in Borova
      and his father Jozef Bartosovic (born) 1867, dod 1931 is buried in
      Borova cemetry.
      Teofils mother, Maria Benickova born 1867 buried in Borova also, but
      dod unknown.

      My Grandmother's, Julia Ann (Kovacovsky) Bartosovic's, family was
      from Budmerice, her father was Peter Michael Kovacovsky born abt 1874
      mother Anna Hrdlichka born 1876. Peter & Anna came to USA in 1906,
      with children, Helen,& Julia. I have found that name spelled wrong
      many times in my searches.

      Teofil and Julia Bartosovic they lived in Bratislava or Trnava abt.
      1923, and before returning to USA. I can not find anything on any of
      their immigration records or ships, or family ancestry in Europe. I
      know my Grandparents came into Ellis Island abt 1925 with children
      Irene, Francis, Joseph, and my Grandfather came to the USA himself in
      1914 or 1918, and returned to Czech. with Julia abt 1922. I can't
      find any records of any trips, I think the last names were spelled
      wrong on ship records, but still haven't found anything. I would like
      to find information on Great Grandfather's, Jozef Bartosovics siblings
      from Borova, also. I would so greatly appreciate any help you might
      be able to give, thank you in advance.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic