      From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of swekearls
      Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 7:33 PM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [S-R] Katarzyna Wrobel

      Hello,

      My greatgrandmother came to the United States in 1906. Ellis Island
      lists her name as Katarzyna Wrobel. E.I. manifest states place of
      residence Sloboda and she is Galician, Ruthernan. My Grandfathers
      birth certificate states his mother was from Austria and listed her
      maiden name as Wrubel. Her marriage certificate says Vrubel. Any
      ideas where to start? What might be the the most accurate spelling of
      her surname?
      Where is this region and what would be the name of the village today?
      Any help would be appreciated. She always told family she was from
      the Ukraine.
      Thanks,
      Karen Earls

      Yahoo! Groups Links