      From: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of famryd@...
      Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 11:47 AM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [S-R] Ancestral village help

      Hi,

      I am new to this group. This is my first posting. I was wondering if any
      of you could help me with finding out about my ggrandmother's village. I
      found
      her on the Ellis Island site with her name spelled wrong. It is Valencik
      but
      was spelled Valenczik.She came here 12/26/1892 from Bremen and Southampton
      with 2 children. The last place of residence was Zamba. They are Iisted as
      Hungarian but ggrandfather told relatives he was Slovak. I can't locate
      this
      village on any maps. I presented it to my Czech-Slovak group and know one
      recognizes it. Do any of you have an idea? Thank you so much.
      Sincerely, Beverly in WA state