      From: Bill Tarkulich [mailto:bill.tarkulich@...]
      Sent: Friday, February 11, 2005 5:21 PM
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [S-R] Given Names

      I have a hunch they are not given names. What language was the record
      written in? Please give us more context: What was the geographic and ethnic
      orientation of the village?
      bt

      > From: "Gary Costel" <gcostel64@...>
      > Date: 2005/02/11 Fri PM 04:49:53 EST
      > To: <SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com>
      > Subject: [S-R] Given Names
      >

      > I came across these 2 given names in Baptismal records, but do not know
      what
      > they translate into as I have never heard them before. I've checked
      several
      > websites listing old Hungarian / Slovak / Latin names, but these names do
      > not appear in the lists. The 1st one listed is a female, and the second
      one
      > I believe is female, too.
      >

      > Parascera
      > Glaxa
      >

      > Any help would be appreciated.
      >
      > Gary Costel
      >
      > Researching the following (Slovakia) surnames: Bakajsa, Bereczky, Bockaj,
      > Chwerchak, Cossel, Costel, Hacala, Hanchak, Horvath, Jurkiv, Kalman,
      > Kascsak, Katrinak, Lahvardi, Murajda, Ondik, Ondike, Petrik, Ribar,
      > Stefancin, Yurkiv

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129q2qprk/M=298184.6018725.7038619.3001176/D=gr
      oups/S=1705040837:HM/EXP=1108246874/A=2532114/R=2/SIG=12kqhda19/*http://clk.
      atdmt.com/NFX/go/yhxxxnfx0020000014nfx/direct/01/&time=1108160474319337>

      :HM/A=2532114/rand=437885606>

      _____

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .