10265Re: [S-R] help with names

  • Frank
    Jun 2, 2004
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Jeanann Jameson
      <jjeanann2000@y...> wrote:
      > thank-you for getting back to me. recently my mother
      > who has dementia said her uncles name was yacope this
      > is im sure not how its spelled but how she pronounced
      > it. i was thinking it meant jacob. she also told me
      > her mother, magdalena, was called lenie does that
      > sound right? again thanks for the info you already
      > gave me. jeanann
      > --- Zuzana <zajacik_2000@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Jacob = Jakub (in slovak)
      > > Paul = Pavol (in slovak)
      > > Catherine = Katarina (in slovak)
      > >
      > > im not sure about german or hungarian though.
      > >
      > > zuzana
      > >
      > > jjeanann2000 <jjeanann2000@y...> wrote:
      > > hi can someone tell me how to say jacob, paul, and
      > > catherine in
      > > slovac, hungary and german? thanks in advance.
      > > jeanann

      Catherine/Katherine (Kathy, Kathleen, Kitty, Kate) English
      Catharina Latin
      Katalin (Kata, Kati, Kato, Katica, Katika, Katinka, Kató) Hungarian
      Katarina (Katka, Kata, Katuska) Slovak
      Katherina/Catherina (Kathie, Käthe) German
      Katarzyna (Kasienka, Kaska, Kassia) Polish

      Jacob/Jakob (E)
      Jacobus (L)
      Jakob/Jacob (G)
      Jákob/Jakab (Jakabka) (H)
      Jakub (Jabuko, Juro, Jokubas) (Sk)
      Jakub (Jakubek) (P)

      Paul (E)
      Paulus (L)
      Pál (Pali, Palko, Palika, Palcsa, Palus) (H)
      Pavol (Palko, Palo) (Sk)
      Paul (G)
      Pawel (P)

      Frank K

      > > To unsubscribe from this group, go to
      > > http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS -or-
      > > send blank email to
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      > > Yahoo! Terms of Service.

      > > "Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away
      > > from the one who wants to borrow from you." MATTHEW
      > > 5:42
      > >
      > > "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will
      > > find; knock and the door will be opened to you."
      > > MATTHEW 7:7

      > > removed]

      > http://messenger.yahoo.com/
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic