FW: Job posting for a graphic artist with a planning background - Berkeley

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 16, 2004
      ----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 08/16/2004 11:54 AM -----
      _______

      Graphic Production Artist
      Design, Community & Environment (DC&E), a city planning and urban design
      firm in North Berkeley, is hiring a full time Graphic Production Artist.
      We
      are looking for someone with the following qualifications, ranked in order
      of importance:
      ? Experience with page layout of long documents.
      ? Experience with map making and/or architectural and planning graphics,
      or
      willingness to learn quickly.
      ? Proficiency in QuarkXPress, and Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat
      and
      PageMaker; Microsoft Word, CAD and Geographical Information Systems (GIS)
      are a plus.
      ? Familiar with and willing to work in a Windows environment.
      ? Attention to detail and ability to input and proofread copy edits to
      large amounts of text.
      ? Experience with Web design software and HTML is a plus.
      ? A good sense of humor, flexibility to work on multiple projects, and a
      willingness to work hard under tight deadlines.
      This is primarily a production job, although a good sense of design is
      also
      essential and appreciated.

      Work hours are approximately 9:00 to 5:30 pm. Annual salary is $30,000 to
      $40,000--please do not apply is this is not acceptable.

      Please email your resume and a cover letter as a Word or PDF attachment,
      along with any available graphic samples, to nancy@...

      DC&E is an equal opportunity employer.

      Thank you,

      Dean Hunsaker
      Graphic Design Manager
      D E S I G N, C O M M U N I T Y & E N V I R O N M E N T
      1600 Shattuck Ave., Suite 222
      Berkeley, CA 94709
      dean@...
      Tel: 510.848.3815