Full Time Position - San Francisco or Sacramento - Natural Heritage Institute
- ----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 08/06/2004 01:20 PM -----
Immediate Entry Level Position Available: WATER RESOURCES SPECIALIST
At The NATURAL HERITAGE INSTITUTE
San Francisco Bay Area or Sacramento
NHI is a non-profit natural resource conservation organization, comprised
lawyers, scientists, planners and economists working to restore natural
systems in the U.S. and worldwide. We are a professional organization with
high level of technical competence. All of our work involves water
resources, river basins and aquatic ecosystems. More detailed information
about NHI, our projects, operating style and distinguished board can be
gleaned from our website: www.n-h-i.org <http://www.n-h-i.org/> .
NHI is recruiting a Water Resources Specialist to work directly with the
chief executive officer on a variety of projects, including conjunctive
water management, facility reoperation, fluvial process restoration,
"sustainable futures" planning in international river basins, protection
endangered species, hydropower reoperation, groundwater management, and
strategic litigation. Duties will include some logistical support as well
as substantive involvement in these projects and development of new
projects. This is not an administrative position. This position can be
either our Berkeley office (just one block from the university campus) or
Sacramento office (for someone with policy expertise). It is possible
the Berkeley office will move to downtown San Francisco early in 2005.
position can be configured at less than full time.
Required Credentials and Skills:
* Masters degree or JD in natural resources law or science or
* Strong research and analytical skills?legal or technical +
* Exceptionally strong and demonstrated writing and oral
* Knowledge of California water institutions and policy
Desired Credentials and Skills:
* Government relations experience
* Media relations experience
* IT experience
* Website design and maintenance
* Powerpoint design
* Exceptional presentation skills
* Two or more years of relevant experience
* Spanish and/or Portuguese fluency
Compensation is competitive and the work environment is exceptionally
collegial and congenial.
Applications should include a letter setting forth qualifications,
experience and reasons this position is of interest and enclosing a C.V.
resume and writing sample. Please e-mail to: tcordrey@....