Urban Sustainability Bike Tour - Berkeley

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22 8:42 AM
      Saturday, July 31, 2004

      Fifth Annual Urban Sustainability Bike Tour
      A fun way to network with other people interested in weird projects,
      join us for the free and inspiring Urban Sustainability Bike Tour as
      we wheel and bike around town together. We'll tour several houses in
      the East Bay that demonstrate some aspect of lighter living in the
      city.

      Features of this year's ride will include residential wind turbine
      energy; solar thermal and PV systems; a mini-workshop on replacing
      lawn and concrete with a water-friendly landscape; keeping goats,
      chickens and ducks in the city; appropriate technology and biking
      models; and possibly more surprises. We'll also provide a free, print
      guide with further resources for urban sustainable living. Come to
      get inspired about what projects you can do, or to share stories
      about your own projects!

      Join us at the East side of the Ashby BART Station. Very important:
      Be sure to bring lunch and water with you. We will be commuting
      together in a flock of bicycles and wheelchairs, slow enough for
      everyone to keep up. (Sorry, no cars unless for accessibility
      reasons, by prior arrangement.) All stops are wheelchair accessible.
      If you will need any additional accommodations, please call the
      number below.
      Time:    10 am - approx. 3 pm
      Location:     Ashby BART - East Side, Berkeley.
      Cost:     Free.
      Info:     510-548-2220 x233, erc@...  .