Full Time Position - SF - Van Meter Williams Pollack - Urban Design

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2004
      ----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 07/18/2004 12:47 AM -----

      VAN METER WILLIAMS POLLACK
      URBAN DESIGNER/PROJECT MANAGER POSITION

      Van Meter Williams Pollack, an award winning multi-disciplinary
      architecture and urban design firm
      based in San Francisco and Denver, is looking for an experienced urban
      designer/project manager to
      join its San Francisco office.

      Van Meter Williams Pollack?s urban design work includes Transit-Oriented
      Design, master planning
      and specific plans, and design guidelines. Using our architectural design
      expertise, we have
      created development prototypes for many cities that will assist them in
      achieving their goals to
      provide more intensive development within their downtowns and important
      transition areas of the
      community. Our design guidelines add the final level of detail to the
      prototypes, and are prepared
      to assist developers, property owners, and the city conceive of and design
      appropriate projects.
      Each of our projects includes an active community process where we work
      together with local
      stakeholders in workshops, charrettes, and meetings to prioritize goals
      and create a future vision
      of their place.

      The Urban Designer/Project Manager position requires a creative individual
      to explore unique urban
      design, planning, and architectural solutions to a variety of projects. A
      master's degree in
      Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Planning, or Urban Design is
      required. Ideally, the
      candidate will also have at least three to five years of professional
      experience beyond the
      graduate-level education including experience managing projects with
      multiple subconsultants and
      disciplines. Understanding of urban design principles and architectural
      prototypes for a variety
      of uses is necessary, as are written and verbal presentation skills.
      Graphic presentation skills
      include drafting, freehand rendering, as well as facility with desktop
      publishing software. CAD
      and/or GIS experience is helpful but not required. Candidates must work
      well within a team and
      individually in an interactive studio environment.

      Van Meter Williams Pollack has an open, diverse work environment, located
      in the South of
      Market/South Park neighborhood of San Francisco. The office is within
      walking distance of BART,
      CalTrain, San Francisco MUNI, and the transbay terminal.

      To apply, please send or e-mail resume and cover letter to:

      Mr. Rick Williams
      Van Meter Williams Pollack
      18 DeBoom Street, First Floor
      San Francisco, CA 94107