Choices for Sustainable Living -- Palo Alto

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2004
      Dear Friends,

      "Choices for Sustainable Living," a 10-week discussion course
      focusing on the challenges of living in harmony with Earth's
      ecological systems, will be offered this summer at the Foundation for
      Global Community on Tuesday nights, 7;30  to 9 pm, starting on July

      Most of us are fully aware that the modern consumer lifestyle, with
      its emphasis on living "the goods life" is not environmentally
      sustainable nor healthy for humans or other creatures.  Getting
      together with others to disuss our choices can be the first step in
      making the changes we know we need to make.

      If you would like to explore these issues, meet like-minded others,
      and share ideas/actions for living more lightly on the Earth, this
      class is for you!

      "Choices for Sustainable Living" uses a collection of articles and
      short excerpts, along with discussion questions developed by the
      Northwest Earth Institute (NWEI), which everyone reads in time for a
      weekly discussion. If you'd like to learn more about NWEI, see their
      website at http://www.nwei.org/

      Topics addressed include:
          --Ecological Principles
          --Sustainable Communities
          --Sustainable Business and Economy
          --Sustainable Food
          --Sustainable Buying

      The course will be led by Deborah Schweninger, a local public school
      teacher, and the dates are Tuesdays, from July 27 through September
      28.  (If you need to miss one or two sessions due to vacations, you
      can at least catch up with the readings.)

      Fee: $30 (includes the course reader)
      Registration:  Contact Deborah Schweninger at
      dschweninger@...-alto.ca.us  or call the Foundation for
      Global Community at (650) 328-7756.

      Hope you can join us for some good discussions during this popular

      Cheers, Debbie Mytels

      Debbie Mytels    (650) 328-7756 (x635)
      Director of Outreach
      Foundation for Global Community
      222 High Street, Palo Alto CA  94301-1040  USA