FW: Job Opening -- Field Representative for Loni Hancock
- ----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 06/05/2004 03:07 PM -----
DISTRICT OFFICE OF ASSEMBLYMEMBER
POSITION AVAILABLE: Field Representative
BASIC FUNCTION: Acts within the district as an official
liaison of the Assemblymember in West Contra Costa County.
REPORTS TO: Assemblymember and District Coordinator.
DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTICS: Functions as a representative in
Assemblymember's District Office, assisting the District Coordinator. Acts
on behalf of the Assemblymember within specified guidelines.
* Acts as the Assemblymember's representative by responding to a variety
constituent inquiries and problems, attending meetings of local government
and private interest groups, and communicating with the press.
* Serves as a liaison between the sections of the district (West Contra
Costa County) and the Assemblymember by maintaining an awareness and
involvement in local district affairs and issues, and reporting to the
Assemblymember as appropriate.
* Coordinates office procedures, routine correspondence, telephone
inquiries, and special projects.
* Assists in the research, public discussion, and drafting of legislation
* Complies with Assembly policies and rules as outlined in the Personnel
* Does other related work as assigned.
* KNOWLEDGE OF/ABILITY TO:
* Principles, functions, practices, and operations of the California State
* District and State issues, current events, and relevant legislation.
* Basic journalism, communication and media relations.
* Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with local governments,
private interest groups, and other general public.
* Communicate clearly and concisely.
* Work efficiently and effectively under pressure.
* Work extended hours as necessary when legislative calendar and workflow
* Provide accurate and complete information in response to constituent
inquiries and problems.
* Access, input, and retrieve information from a computer.
TO APPLY: Please forward your resume and cover letter,
District Coordinator, Assemblywoman Loni Hancock
712 El Cerrito Plaza, El Cerrito, CA 94530
FAX (510) 559-1478
Position Open until Filled
Posting date: 6/1/04