----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 05/21/2004 06:43 PM -----
INTERN ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER
East Bay Asian Local Development Corporation (EBALDC) is a 28-year old
community development organization. We are a leading developer and
of affordable housing in the East Bay with complimentary programs to
revitalize neighborhoods and increase the economic self-sufficiency of
low-income families, individuals and youth. For more info, check
The Intern Assistant Project Manager works under the supervision of the
Director of Real Estate Development and or Project Manager(s) to develop
real estate development projects. Developments may include one or more
the following: affordable rental apartments, trailer parks, home ownership
development, community serving and job creating commercial developments
other public benefit real estate developments.
Reports to: Real Estate Development Director
Status: Full-time through summer, exempt
Salary Range: $11.50 per hour depending on experience; excellent benefits
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES % of time
* Research potential new developments and determine factors that influence
* Summarize research into report form. 15%
* Prepare written feasibility analysis and cost estimates of potential
development projects. 24%
* Prepare applications for funding for Projects. 2%
* Develop & implement construction contracting documents and procedure. 2%
* Develop and revise preliminary project budgets, operating proformas,
sources and uses, and cash flow analysis. 22%
* Locate/identify, negotiate control and prepare control documents for
* Assist with preparation and handling of financial reports. 1%
* When necessary work with/coordinate with other departments ie. Property
Management on real estate projects in development. 2%
Total % of Time: 100%
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Strong written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills
Careful attention to detail, well-organized and ability to prioritize
Ability to adjust to changing situations and work under pressure.
Good conflict-resolution and problem -solving skills.
Understanding of real estate financing.
Ability to work independently and with a team.
Enjoys working with people.
Automobile and California Driver's License and Automobile Insurance
College degree from four year institution or current enrollment.
Advanced experience in use of Microsoft Word and Excel software programs.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Careful attention to detail and well-organized
* Ability to adjust to changing situations and work under pressure
* Good conflict-resolution and problem-solving skills
* Understanding of real estate financing
* Ability to work independently and with a team
* Prior experience in non-profit housing development (at least 4 years)
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel programs
* Knowledge of local, state and federal housing financing programs
* Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Planning, Architecture or
* Ability to balance competing priorities to meet development deadlines
* Valid California Driver's License
To apply, please send cover letter & resume to Joshua Simon, EBALDC,
Street, Suite 200, Oakland, CA, 94607; or fax to 510-763-4143. Position
open until filled.