Smart Growth in Hayward

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 13, 2001
      The following is an announcement for an event about the future of
      development in downtown Hayward, sponsored by Greenbelt Alliance.

      How is your city growing?
      What is your vision for Hayward's downtown?

      Smart Growth in Hayward
      A community discussion and tour sponsored by Greenbelt Alliance
      Saturday, November 17, 10 am to 12:30 pm
      Meet at the new City Hall facing the Downtown Hayward BART Station

      Hayward is in the midst of revising its General Plan. Join Greenbelt
      Alliance in exploring how Hayward can take advantage of this rare
      opportunity to implement a strategy for recreating the downtown as a
      more lively, pedestrian friendly, and livable community that is
      accessible to all. The morning will begin with a panel of speakers
      and a discussion, followed by a tour to view examples of developments
      already in progress, such as the transit hub at BART and the City
      Walk town home project. In addition, we will discuss other areas of
      opportunity, such as creating a Foothill Boulevard corridor that is
      more conducive to mixed use development and pedestrian use.

      Speakers:
      Maret Bartlett, Director of Redevelopment, City of Hayward
      Linda Mandolini, Eden Housing
      Janet Stone, Livable Communities Program Director, Greenbelt Alliance
      Plus additional presentations along the tour route

      THIS EVENT IS FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
      Offered by Greenbelt Alliance's Urban Outings program. Advance
      registration is requested.
      For more information and to RSVP, please call (415) 398-3730 or
      e-mail jcummins@....
      --
      Julie Cummins
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 14, 2001
        Dayana. Thanks for the information. Will we see you and Jaime Friday
        evening? 6 pm at the Banker's Club, First and Santa Clara.