Greening the Universities

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2001
      Hello Green Building Stakeholders,

      I am forwarding an announcement for a very informative green building
      symposium that is free to the public. Some of the panel speakers (Don
      Aitken, Bob Berkebile, Sim Van der Ryn) and keynote (Amory Lovins)
      should
      alone make for a worthwhile experience. I hope you consider attending.
      Sorry for the late announcement, however I recently received it myself.

      Darren

      Darren C. Bouton
      Green Building Coordinator
      City of San Jose - Environmental Services Department
      777 N. First Street, Suite 300
      San Jose, CA 95112
      408-277-4670
      darren.bouton@...

      Greening the Universities: A Focus on Buildings
      Saturday, November 10, 2001
      8:30am - 4:00 pm
      TCSeq200
      http://www-ce.stanford.edu/energy/index.html
      ** Pre-registration by Nov. 1 is required

      After inspiring a generation of environmental professionals in the
      fields
      of energy efficiency and renewable energy, Professor Gil Masters is
      retiring from his illustrious and influential career as an award-winning

      teacher in energy, environmental science and technology.

      In honor of Professor Masters, a symposium entitled "Greening the
      Universities: A Focus on Buildings" will be held on Nov. 10, 2001 from
      8:30am - 4:00pm at the Science and Engineering Quad's Teaching Center,
      Room 200 (TCSeq200). The symposium is sponsored by Stanford Land &
      Buildings, School of Engineering, Utilities Division, Civil &
      Environmental Engineering Department, the Energy Foundation, and City of

      Palo Alto Utilities.

      Open to the public, the symposium will include updates on sustainability

      initiatives underway at Stanford and will feature a panel of experts
      (including Bob Berkebile, Vivian Loftness, Sim Van der Ryn, and Donald
      Aitken) who will discuss "green" buildings at other college campuses
      across the country. Amory Lovins, reknowned author of the book "Natural

      Capitalism", will close the symposium with a keynote address.

      For a full agenda, more information and continuing updates on symposium
      and retirement festivities for Prof. Gil Masters, visit
      http://www-ce.stanford.edu/energy/index.html. Pre-registration by Nov.
      1
      for the symposium is required in order to ensure adequate space and
      refreshments. Please e-mail kaguy@... or call (650) 723-4270.