Full Time Position - Trust for Public Land - San Francisco
- ----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 05/05/2004 12:12 PM -----
Program Manager (Job#126A)
Trust for Public Land
San Francisco Office
Position Summary: The Program Manager helps develop the program's concept,
direction, budget and structure. Duties include managing the program on a
day-to-day basis and assisting in program's overall focus. The Program
Manager will be responsible for managing projects within the Urban Parks
Playgrounds Program. This individual will work with urban communities and
schools to restore, construct and maintain capital improvements for parks,
gardens and school grounds. The Program Manager will provide technical
assistance to non-profit and community based groups which are working in
partnership with TPL. This person will assist the Bay Area Urban Programs
Director and regional Development Director in responding to funders'
requirements and raising funds for the Bay Area Urban Programs and will
coordinate with other TPL staff on specific urban transactions as needed.
* Will be responsible for managing existing restoration and
revitalization projects in close coordination with the Bay Area Urban
Programs Director and the Parks and Playgrounds Program Manager. This
management of existing capital improvement projects includes:
o Community engagement;
o Contract negotiations;
o Design coordination;
o Oversight of project construction process.
* Develop and maintain strong working relationships with
organizations and other community based organizations. Assist them with
their community support strategies.
* Assist program staff in identifying new urban projects
* Administrative tasks will include adherence to
obligations, including associated reporting requirements and general
Experience, Education and Skills Required:
* 4-year degree including course work in urban planning,
architecture, land use management of related area of study or equivilant
* At least four years of urban community park development
* Experience in hiring and managing contractors to design
construct urban park improvements.
* Requires high degree of creativity, vision, and
Ability to manage complex projects from start to finish.
* Most have the ability to determine procedures on new
provide guidance to others.
* Experience working for or with community based
public agencies and an awareness and understanding of environmental
* Demonstrated ability to function well as a team member.
* Ability to collaborate and negotiate with diverse groups
interests in dynamic inner-city environments.
* Budgeting and time management skills.
* Ability to work independently and decisively with little
* Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
* Computer proficiency.
* Fundraising and marketing skills.
Please send resume and cover letter to:
The Trust for Public Land
116 New Montgomery, 3rd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105
We Are Actively Recruiting A Diverse Workforce