SJSU Forum on the Future of Art
- You are cordially invited to the forum organized by the Art History
Association at SJSU on the subject of 'On The Future Of Art' to be held
Monday 4/26 at 4:30 in room 133 of the Art Building.
This is a new form of intellectual gathering that AHA is hoping to
as a tradition where a chosen topic is discussed by a panel followed by
interactive discussion with the audience so the topic would be,
well addressed and discussed.
The panel of speakers would include:
1. Dr. Anne Simonson, Professor of Art History at SJSU
2. Dr. Jan Thompson, Professor of Art History at SJSU
3. Ms. Cathy Kimball, Executive Director of San Jose Institute of
4. Dr. Tom Leddy, Professor of Philosophy at SJSU
5. Dr. Joel Slayton, Professor of Art (New Media) at SJSU
Each panelist would have 20 minutes to present his/her input on the
followed by an open discussion at the end of all presentations.
The take on the topic of each speaker is totally open as they may
it; their input would NOT be limited to:
1. The direction(s) the art may take or should take.
2. The role it would/should play in future daily lives of people.
3. The role it would/should play in enhancing the total human
4. Where artists would/should go to look.
5. Would/should artists create new forms, lines, and colors to be able
participate in the human new phase of realizing/discovering our great
puzzle known as life on earth?
Come join us, listen to what these great scholars have to say about
intriguing topic and participate in the open discussion that would
and have your views and questions heard and answered on this
and thought-provocative topic.
As seating is limited and we are anticipating attendees from other
departments and off campus; please RSVP by email to
to reserve your seat providing your name, your major, and indicate
you are undergraduate, graduate, or alumni.
Tea, coffee, soft drinks, and snacks will be served.
I look forward to seeing you there.
My sincere regards,
SJSU Art History Association