Full Time Position - San Francisco - Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation
- ----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 03/24/2004 08:44 AM -----
COMPANY: Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation (TNDC)
POSITION: General Manager II
Founded in 1981, the Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation
houses 3,000 San Franciscans ? primarily people who earn $5,000 to $25,000
year?in 20 buildings with 1,600 apartments and hotel rooms. TNDC's mission
is to make the Tenderloin neighborhood a better place to live for
people by providing safe, service-enriched affordable housing and
cooperating in community improvement and development efforts. www.tndc.org
Under the direct supervision of the Property Supervisor, the General
II is responsible for the overall operation of a HUD building, a building
over 60 units, or a tax credit building. Oversees the day-to-day
of a residential hotel or apartment building, including staff supervision,
building maintenance, and tenant relations. The position is full-time (40
hours per week). Exempt.
1. Directly supervise staff, including hiring, performance,
training, and discipline, if necessary.
2. Creates and maintains a positive atmosphere in the
3. Responsible for implementing, designing and maintaining a
4. Complies with HUD and tax credit regulations regarding
certification and other documentation.
5. Performs annual income re-certifications and issues rent
6. Coordinates with Occupancy Manager on rental of vacant
units to qualified
applicants. Interviews prospective applicants and maintains waiting list.
7. Maintains a record of financial transactions with tenants
on Rent Roll,
monitors rent collection and receivables.
8. Enforces rental agreements, rules and policies, with
to guest policies and security issues.
9. Monitors financial condition of building, including
participates in planning the building budget.
10. Responds appropriately to building emergencies and
Understands emergency plan.
11. Maintains files, records, rental agreements, and other
12. Requests purchase of supplies and equipment.
13. Conducts regular inspections of buildings and grounds to
sanitation, maintenance and compliance with agency requirements.
14. Meets regularly with building team to plan work
15. Participate in training as required.
16. Submits weekly and monthly required reports.
17. Other duties as assigned.
· Ability, willingness, and sensitivity to work with a
· Sound judgment, excellent assessment, problem solving,
· Effective writing, communication, time management and
· Ability to work tactfully under pressure; cope with
· Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations;
possess an even
temperament and strong "people" skills with a commitment to customer
· 2 years of residential property management experience,
preferably in a
low-income setting or equivalent experience.
· Experience with conflict resolution, crisis intervention
· Knowledge of substance abuse and homelessness issues.
· Certified HUD or Tax Credit Manager
· Knowledge of residential property management and building
· Bi-lingual in Chinese, Spanish, or Russian.
Note: HUD or Tax Credit Manager Certification is a preferred qualification
at the time of hire. Upon hire all General Managers II must complete the
or Tax Credit Manager certification (depending on the site where they
within the introductory period (first six months of employment).
Submit short cover letter and resume to heidi@.... Position
open until filled.
WOMEN AND PEOPLE OF COLOR ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. EOE.