Full Time Position (CA)
- View Source----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 03/18/2004 01:49 PM -----
National Programs Team
Alliance to Save Energy
The Program Associate is responsible for supporting the activities of the
Green Campus Program. The Green Campus Program is a pilot project
to involve students in a leadership role in order to promote energy
efficiency on campus.
The goals of the Green Campus Program are to:
· Save energy on university campuses through a student-led
identify and reduce energy waste through improvements in energy-use
behaviors, student purchasing decisions and operations changes;
· Build student awareness about the need to use energy
understand the relationship between energy efficiency and the environment;
· Strengthen academic learning by helping students use
their Green Campus
activities to support their learning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Facilitate communication between all six (6) GCP programs
CSU Sonoma, CSU Long Beach, UC Berkeley, UC Santa Barbara, UC San Diego).
· Assist with the organization of twice-yearly meetings of
the Green Campus
Councils on each campus.
· Organize logistics of annual meetings of Green Campus
Councils and key
staff from all (6) participating campuses for jointly-held sessions.
· Meet monthly or every other month with Campus Councils to
assistance, encouragement and support.
· Maintain contact with student interns at each campus and
· Train student interns at each campus on facilitating
their own (site)
· Assist in preparation of project requirements such as
invoice and reimbursement requests, sub-contracting, proposal writing and
· Assist with the design and development of new marketing
materials and web
· Assist with general administrative tasks such as
management, meeting/marketing materials, copying, faxes, etc.
· Bachelor's Degree in environmental or energy-related
plus 1-2 years relevant work experience or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
· Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
· Excellent organizational, oral and written communication
· Proficient computer skills, including MS Word, Excel,
· Willingness to travel.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Experience in field related to energy or energy
· Familiarity with management and administration of
· Private sector background with demonstrated knowledge of
technologies, programs and policies.
· Experience in public speaking.
Martha Lake (916) 451-0353
5821 9th Avenue Sacramento, CA 95820