Internship with Preservation Action Council, San Jose
- The Preservation Action Council of San Jose, a non-profit devoted to
preserving San Jose's architectural heritage, is seeking an intern to
coordinate and publicize the visit of the National Trust's Preservation
Development Initiative team to San Jose in the last week of January.
This initiative helps local leaders to make preservation a central part
of their community's broader economic and community development
The intern will gain skills in logistics, public relations, event
management and advertising.
1) Event Management and Production
- Manage and co-ordinate the visit with National Trust leaders
- Schedule public meetings and conference rooms for the visit, and
ensure they are set up appropriately in advance.
2) Marketing and Advertising
- Research and compile press releases for the visit.
- Design, produce and distribute relevant publicity materials (flyers,
brochures) for the visit.
- Work in conjunction with printers in terms of delivery, scheduling
reproduction of materials.
- Plan and devise internet advertising and maintain on-line calendar
- Update the web-site by uploading time-sensitive information
3) Public Relations
- Represent PACSJ to media contacts, through written and telephone
communications at public functions. The primary supervisor of the
will be the Executive Director of PACSJ. He will be responsible for
overseeing the implementation of the training plan, consistent
mentorship, assessment and evaluation of the intern's performance.
Nature of the Internship:
There will be no salary, but you will be reimbursed for travel
We would be happy to provide any documentation needed for academic
credit. We need you to be able to devote an average of 20 hours a week
to the project during December and January, but are happy to work
your schedule in terms of the holiday season and the overall length of
Please send a resume and cover letter to info@... by
December 12th 2003.
Dayana Salazar, Interim Chair
Urban and Regional Planning Department
San Jose State University