Nov. 20 - The Air & Waste Management Association - Annual Student Mixer and Diner

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2003
      ----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 11/12/2003 11:58 AM -----

      TerryT1011@...
      11/12/2003 05:05 AM

      To: Asha.Weinstein@...
      cc:
      Subject: Re: Nov. 20

      The Air & Waste Management Association
      GOLDEN WEST SECTION
      Provides this Reminder:

      The Annual Student Mixer and Dinner
      You are invited to enjoy an evening with professionals and other students
      in your field, network and learn about career opportunities and
      internships. (Bring your resume.) Apply for our section's Annual
      Scholarship Award and our AWMA annual conference sponsorship stipend.
      (Forms are on our website at: awma-gws.baaqmd.gov/Students.htm.)
      Our dinner speaker will be Terry Trumbull. His topic - "Making a
      Difference in Your Environmental Career". An environmental attorney who
      teaches half time in the Environmental Studies Department at San Jose
      State University, Terry is also a member of the Hearing Board of the
      BAAQMD and President of the American Lung Association in the South Bay.
      Terry has worked for the US Department of Interior and EPA, and has served
      as Chairman of the California Waste Management Board in Sacramento.
      Space is limited!
      The first 40 students (and professors) to RSVP will be our guests for this
      event; $10 for students thereafter; and $25 for GWS Members attending.
      Date: Thursday, November 20, 2003
      Time: 6:30 to 8:30 Mixer and Buffet Dinner
      Location: Sheraton Four Points, 1603 Powell Street, Emeryville (a few
      blocks from AMTRACK)
      (Meeting coincides with Sacto/Davis train schedule.)
      Please RSVP no later than Monday November 17th, 2003 to AWMA-GWS@... or by phone to (415) 749-4900. Questions? Call Wileen Sweet-Dodge at
      (650) 520-8039. Directions will be sent with the Meeting Reminder.
      Mixer at the Compass Cafe 6:30-7:00 PM
      Dinner in the Marina/Golden Gate Room 7:00-8:30 PM
      Directions to the Four Points Sheraton Hotel
      1603 Powell Street
      Emeryville, CA 94608
      510-547-7888

      From San Francisco Bay Bridge: Travelling East off the bridge, stay in
      middle lanes, look for signs on LEFT to 580 West towards Richmond. Merge
      onto I-580 West. Take the Powell Street exit towards Emeryville. Turn
      Right on Powell Street.

      From South Bay: Take I-880 North. At Oakland, exit RIGHT onto I-980 East.
      Take the I-580 exit towards Hayward/San Francisco. Take the I-580 West
      ramp towards San Francisco. Merge onto I-580 West. Take the Powell Street
      exit towards Emeryville. Turn Right on Powell Street.

      From Oakland Airport: Follow signs to I-880 North. At Oakland, exit to
      the RIGHT onto I-980 East. Stay in right lanes, and take the I-580 exit
      towards Hayward/San Francisco. Merge onto I-580 West. Take the Powell
      Street exit towards Emeryville. Turn Right on Powell Street.

      From Sacramento Area: Take I-80 West, take the Powell Street exit. Turn
      RIGHT onto Christie Avenue, the hotel is on the left-hand side.

      From AMTRACK Station: Cross AMTRACK footbridge over tracks to West side.
      Walk through parking lot to Shellmound St. and turn LEFT. Cross to other
      side of street at the Crosswalk. Continue LEFT on Shellmound St. about 2
      short blocks to the Four Points Sheraton. Walk through parking lot to the
      rear door at right, then through to the front Lobby to the "Compass Café".