Part-time job - Pedestrian advocacy

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2003
      CALIFORNIA WALKS!
      Promoting Walkable Communities for Everyone

      JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR

      An Executive Director is being sought for California Walks. We are a
      1-year old coalition of California's Pedestrian Advocacy Groups.

      We are looking for someone with a passion for walkable communities and the
      seriousness of purpose to lead our organization to maturity. The ideal
      candidate will be self-directed and willing to work in a bare-bones
      not-for-profit environment.

      Duties include: Managing our legislative agenda, including lobbying in
      Sacramento; reporting to the CalWalks board of directors, organizing our
      annual meeting, providing education and outreach and fundraising.

      Salary is approximately $20,000 annually for approximately 20 hours of
      work per week. Potential office space is available in San Francisco and
      Sacramento and we would welcome applications from both of these regions.

      Submit Resume and supporting documents to:

      Zachary Wald
      Bay Area Pedestrian Education Group, BayPeds
      700 Trestle Glen Road
      Oakland, CA 94610
      baypeds@...

      Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until the position is
      filled.