Re: [SJSU_MURPs] Public Service Aide - Planning Intern in San Francisco

  • Karen Babbitt
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 17, 2003
      Sorry folks.  Please disregard that last message.  (I knew I'd do that once before I graduate.)

      Vianey <vianeynava@...> wrote:
      http://www.sfgov.org/site/jobs_index.asp?id=19752

      City Employment

      9922 Public Service Aide - Planning Intern
      9922 Public Service Aide - Planning Intern

      Filing Deadline: 10/17/03

      Salary: $1,266 Bi-weekly
      Appointment Type: Temporary Exempt

      Date Issued: 10/3/03

      Appointment Type: Temporary Exempt. Temporary Exempt
      employees are limited to working a maximum of 1,040
      hours within a fiscal year.

      Position Description:

      Under direct supervision, assists the Bureau of Street
      Use and Mapping's Planner. Duties include, but are not
      limited to: 1) Research - Work with DPW and Department
      of City Planning (DCP) staff to obtain records, files
      and additional information necessary for processing
      subdivision and condominium applications; assist with
      project research. 2) Case Maintenance - Computer
      case-intake and close-out of condo and subdivision
      cases for DCP and data management for DPW. 3)
      Organizational - Perform general office duties as
      needed; respond to inquiries regarding condominium and
      subdivision project status. 4) Plan Review - Review
      maps for planning code and general plan consistency.
      The Planning Intern has considerable contact with
      government representatives, civic and business
      organizations and the general public; works closely
      with DCP and DPW staff.

      Minimum Qualifications:

      1. Completion of one (1) year of college course work;
      AND

      2. Possession of a valid California Driver's License

      Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:

      1. College student with an interest in urban planning
      and map review;

      2. Ability to work on several projects simultaneously
      and independently;

      3. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel;

      4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.

      Application Procedure:

      Submit a 1-page cover letter briefly expressing your
      career goals and interest in this position, a
      completed City and County of San Francisco (CCSF)
      Application and photocopy of CA Driver's License no
      later than COB Friday, October 17, 2003 to:

      Department of Public Works, 9922/BSM 875 Stevenson
      Street, Room 470 San Francisco, CA 94103 Faxed or
      postmarked applications will not be accepted.

      CCSF Application forms may be picked up at the
      preceding address from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (M-F).
      Application packets will be screened for relevant
      qualifying experience; only the most qualified
      applicants will be interviewed. In compliance with the
      Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, persons
      entering CCSF employment will be required to prove
      their identity and authorization to work in the United
      States.

      Do you Yahoo!?