Now Available: Governor's Office of Planning and Research 2003 General Plan Guidelines
- The Governor's Office of Planning and Research is pleased to announce
the final version of the 2003 General Plan Guidelines is now available.
Please see our website,
view or download the 2003 General Plan Guidelines. Some of the
of this newly revised edition include:
* A discussion of environmental justice and how it relates to the
* Expanded guidance on public participation.
* Guidance on optional water and energy elements.
* Recommendations on how to prepare the annual general plan
* Expanded guidance on element consolidation.
* Completely revised housing element guidelines.
* New matrices to assist in identifying required topics of the general
plan and potential state reviewing agencies.
I hope you find the Guidelines to be a valuable tool in the planning of
our cities and counties.
If you are unable to access the Internet, please contact the State
Clearinghouse at (916) 445-0613, or state.clearinghouse@..., for
information on obtaining copies of the Guidelines.
Governor's Office of Planning & Research
(916) 323-3018 fax
Dayana Salazar, Interim Chair
Urban and Regional Planning Department
San Jose State University