[CGF News] Environmental Forums set for Oct 2 and 9

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23, 2003
      ----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 09/23/2003 05:57 PM -----

      Committee for Green Foothills <info@...>
      09/23/2003 12:13 PM

      To: info@...
      cc:
      Subject: [CGF News] Environmental Forums set for Oct 2 and 9

      <<Please forward this to interested parties.>>

      Dear Friends,

      Committee for Green Foothills is pleased to invite you to our fall
      Environmental Forums. On Thursday, October 2, our panel will examine the
      use of treated wastewater, and a week later on October 9, we will discuss
      land use planning and the budget. Both of these events are free and open to the public.

      Treated Wastewater:
      Where, How, Why? Do the Benefits Outweigh the Risks?
      Thursday, October 2, 2003, 7-9 pm
      Miramar Lodge and Conference Ctr., 2930 N. Cabrillo Hwy (Hwy 1), Half Moon
      Bay

      Using treated (recycled) wastewater for irrigation and other water needs
      is becoming increasingly attractive as we draw down fresh water supplies.
      How can we make the best use of our diminishing resources? What's safe
      and appropriate? What are the sources of contention, and how can we
      resolve these conflicts? Our panel, moderated by San Mateo County
      Supervisor Rich Gordon, will discuss the common uses and management
      practices for treated wastewater.

      This forum has been made possible in part by a grant from Peninsula
      Community Foundation, and is co-sponsored by the League for Coastside
      Protection, Save Our Shores and Surfrider Foundation San Mateo County.

      Land use planning and the budget:
      How environmentalism affects budgets in Santa Clara County and elsewhere
      Thursday, October 9, 2003, 7-9 pm
      Palo Alto Art Center Auditorium, 1313 Newell Road, Palo Alto

      Budget crises are affecting all levels of government; cuts in planning and
      land use staff can have long-term ramifications on future budgets.
      Committee for Green Foothills invites you to a panel discussion and an
      examination of how environmental practices -- specifically land use
      planning -- affects budgets in the long run. The panel will be moderated
      by Professor Meg Caldwell, Director of the Stanford Law School
      Environmental and Natural Resources Law and Policy Program.

      This forum has been made possible in part by a grant from the Hugh Stuart
      Charitable Trust, and is co-sponsored by Greenbelt Alliance and Santa
      Clara Valley Audubon.

      Seating at both events is on a first-come basis, and refreshments will be
      served. For more information call (650) 968-7243 or visit www.GreenFoothills.org/calendar.

      We hope to see you there!

      Committee for Green Foothills

      Committee for Green Foothills
      3921 East Bayshore Road, Palo Alto, CA 94303
      Phone (650) 968-7243 Fax (650) 968-8431
      www.GreenFoothills.org

      You have received this action alert because you are subscribed to
      Committee for Green Foothills' email alert list. To be removed from this
      list, please reply to this message with REMOVE in the subject line. To be
      added to this list and receive alerts about local open space issues, just
      send your name, address, and email address to info@....