Full Time Position (CA)
- ----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 09/14/2003 11:32 AM -----
Sent by: owner-planning-jobs@...
09/13/2003 04:27 PM
Subject: Full Time Position (CA)
Position Announcement -- AAA San Francisco --Transportation Policy Analyst
The American Automobile Association (AAA) offices in San Francisco are
planning to announce a job opening for a transportation policy analyst
position. The position will be located in the public affairs and
relations department of the California State Automobile Association
the AAA affiliate that includes northern California, Nevada, and Utah.
We are seeking candidates with a master's degree in transportation
engineering, with experience relating to traffic operations and
energy. Candidates for this position should be interested in
policy broadly and traffic safety policy more specifically. The CSAA
governmental relations practices works on local, regional, state, and
transportation policy, program, and project issues. Candidates should be
familiar with the governmental organizations and processes involved in
transportation planning and operations at all levels.
Ideal candidates will have had at least one full year of professional
experience within transportation agencies, private sector (e.g.
businesses, and/or public interest advocacy organizations. Compensation
benefits for CSAA employees are fully competitive with all three sectors,
specific salary levels to be dependent upon qualifications and experience.
The policy analyst position will require some travel within the three
CSAA territory, and potentially to other parts of the country, including
Washington, DC. The policy analyst will be expected to work closely with
governmental relations staff in San Francisco, Sacramento, Carson City,
Salt Lake City. The successful candidate will report to the Transportation
Policy Manager, and the position will be based in the San Francisco
offices of CSAA in downtown San Francisco's Civic Center area.
Interested parties may submit cover letter and resumes or curriculum vitae
the CSAA Transportation Policy Manager at the email and mailing address
Lewison Lee Lem, Ph.D.
Transportation Policy Manager
Corporate Affairs, 20th Floor
California State Automobile Association
100 Van Ness Avenue
San Francisco CA 94102-5292
415 551-5420 (phone)
415 864-1531 (fax)
415 264-0156 (mobile)
- ----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 03/18/2004 01:49 PM -----
National Programs Team
Alliance to Save Energy
The Program Associate is responsible for supporting the activities of the
Green Campus Program. The Green Campus Program is a pilot project
to involve students in a leadership role in order to promote energy
efficiency on campus.
The goals of the Green Campus Program are to:
· Save energy on university campuses through a student-led
identify and reduce energy waste through improvements in energy-use
behaviors, student purchasing decisions and operations changes;
· Build student awareness about the need to use energy
understand the relationship between energy efficiency and the environment;
· Strengthen academic learning by helping students use
their Green Campus
activities to support their learning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Facilitate communication between all six (6) GCP programs
CSU Sonoma, CSU Long Beach, UC Berkeley, UC Santa Barbara, UC San Diego).
· Assist with the organization of twice-yearly meetings of
the Green Campus
Councils on each campus.
· Organize logistics of annual meetings of Green Campus
Councils and key
staff from all (6) participating campuses for jointly-held sessions.
· Meet monthly or every other month with Campus Councils to
assistance, encouragement and support.
· Maintain contact with student interns at each campus and
· Train student interns at each campus on facilitating
their own (site)
· Assist in preparation of project requirements such as
invoice and reimbursement requests, sub-contracting, proposal writing and
· Assist with the design and development of new marketing
materials and web
· Assist with general administrative tasks such as
management, meeting/marketing materials, copying, faxes, etc.
· Bachelor's Degree in environmental or energy-related
plus 1-2 years relevant work experience or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
· Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
· Excellent organizational, oral and written communication
· Proficient computer skills, including MS Word, Excel,
· Willingness to travel.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Experience in field related to energy or energy
· Familiarity with management and administration of
· Private sector background with demonstrated knowledge of
technologies, programs and policies.
· Experience in public speaking.
Martha Lake (916) 451-0353
5821 9th Avenue Sacramento, CA 95820