Two jobs: NY, Economic Development
- ----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 09/08/2003 08:33 AM -----
Annie Decker <adecker@...>
Sent by: owner-planning-jobs@...
09/08/2003 07:36 AM
Subject: Two jobs: NY, Economic Development / Montreal, professor
LOWER EAST SIDE BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT (BID)
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE (P/T OR F/T)
Description of Organization
The Lower East Side Business Improvement District (LESBID) is an
independent non-profit economic development corporation dedicated to
revitalizing the Orchard Street commercial district while preserving
its unique and diverse character. LESBID operates from a storefront
at 261 Broome Street (between Orchard and Allen Streets), located in
the heart of the shopping district. The office is open to the public
seven days a week from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Economic Development Associate Job Description
The Economic Development Associate will:
· Provide economic development services to local merchants and
property-owners, including assisting with small business grant
and loan programs
· Help coordinate special promotional events, such as the Orchard
Street Music Series and the Reel New York Film Series
· Assist with merchant data collection and data base management
· Promote the district to media and to visitors
· Draft correspondence regarding BID activities and programs
· Represent LESBID at community and City-wide functions
· Fulfill some office management responsibilities
The candidate should have work experience in community-based
economic development and/or an academic background in public
administration, urban planning or a related field. Field work will
be required. Good writing skills essential, bilingual a plus.
The position is available either for a candidate who will work
roughly 25 hours per week (schedule flexible to the candidate's
availability), or for a full-time schedule. If available, the
candidate may occasionally be called upon to work on a Sunday for a
The salary is negotiable, based on experience.
For more information visit www.LowerEastSideNY.com. Please email a
cover letter and resume to Andrew@....