SF Green Film Fest

  • Asha Weinstein Agrawal
    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 2014
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Talia Schmitt <talia@...>
      Date: Thu, May 22, 2014 at 1:52 PM
      Subject: SF Green Film Fest

      The SF Green Film Festival is approaching- May 29-June 4. We would really appreciate it if you could spread the word to other staff and students!

      We have so many great screenings to share with you, but we thought you would be particularly interested to hear about these films.

      Lunch Love Community

      Sunday June, 1:00pm

      The Roxie Theater, SF

      Lunch Love Community is a beautiful and engaging new documentary that explores how a diverse group of pioneering Berkeley parents and activists came together to tackle food reform and food justice in the neighborhood and schools.

      Tickets>>

      Project Wild Thing

      Saturday May 31, 2:00pm

      The Roxie Theater, SF

      The hilarious, real-life story of one man's determination to get children out and into the ultimate, free wonder-product: Nature.

      Tickets>>

      Come Hell or High Water:The Battle For Turkey Creek

      Saturday May 31, 7pm

      The Roxie Theater, SF

      The painful but inspiring journey of Derrick Evans, a Boston teacher who moves home to coastal Mississippi when his ancestors graves are bulldozed to make way for the sprawling city of Gulfport. Over a decade, the film shows the resilience of a community that stands together for their rights.

      Tickets >>

      If you haven’t seen it yet, check out our full Festival Program. Our website is www.sfgreenfilmfest.org, and of course, if you have any questions feel free to send me an email.

      Thank you,

      Talia