Fwd: For posting at SJSU DURP Job Board

  • Asha Weinstein Agrawal
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 14, 2013
      Climate Adaptation Project Manager
      Cambridge Systematics

      Post Date:Sep 13, 2013
      Job Type:Full time
      Start Date:- n/a -
      Salary:- n/a -
      Location:Multiple Locations - MA, NY, CA, IL, TX, MD, FL, GA
      Job Reference:- n/a -
      APPLY NOW
           Email Job to a Friend
           Save Job to Inbox
           Printer Friendly

      Description

      Cambridge Systematics is a place where individuals are able to grow and develop both personally and professionally. When you come to work for us, you’ll be joining an independent, employee-owned company, recognized nationally and internationally. Through our world class on boarding process, new hires receive introductory training from our staff subject matter experts. Ongoing learning and knowledge sharing is a hallmark of our culture and our pursuit of excellence. Through our professional development opportunities, staff can branch out into several different career paths. In addition, we offer competitive salaries and superior benefits.

      We are seeking a project manager and technical expert with an understanding of the impacts of climate change on transportation and a broad understanding of risk management and transportation planning to lead extreme weather and climate change vulnerability assessments and adaptation strategy projects for regional, state, federal, and international clients. Our work focuses on helping our clients understand the risks of extreme weather and climate change to multimodal transportation systems and cost-effectively integrate resiliency measures (adaptation strategies) into transportation planning and decision-making processes.

      The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of transportation planning and policy and/or civil engineering work experience with strong communication skills, project management experience, business development experience, understanding of the application of climate data to the assessment of infrastructure and operational vulnerabilities, knowledge of asset management for transportation infrastructure, understanding of Geographic Information Systems (GIS), and broad transportation planning experience. Candidates will be expected to lead or support extreme weather and climate change vulnerability and adaptation studies, as well as lead or support general transportation planning projects. Experience with disaster risk management planning is a plus. Work assignments may include project management, performing research and data analysis, facilitating stakeholder and/or technical expert dialogues and workshops, preparing and delivering presentations, and documenting findings and recommendations. This is a superb opportunity to join and work with a group of bright and dedicated professionals in a stimulating, profitable environment.

      Qualifications: Ideal candidate will have a Master's degree in Planning, Policy, and/or Civil Engineering, with emphasis on transportation (a Bachelors with additional years of experience is also acceptable); evidence of strong oral and written communications skills; project management experience; ability to work with multidisciplinary teams and independently; familiarity with GIS; willingness to travel; and desire for growth. Experience working with the U.S. DOT, state DOTs, MPOs, transit agencies and/or multilateral/regional investment banks is highly desirable. Business development skills including proactive marketing of clients, proposal development, and presentation skills also desirable. Foreign language skills are a plus.

      Qualified candidates please apply to https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=6463431.

      EOE