[All] Job Announcement (fwd)

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2003
      ----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 08/14/2003 10:24 PM -----

      Betsy Morris <betsy@...>
      Sent by: owner-planning-announce@...
      08/13/2003 09:22 PM

      To: planning-announce@...
      cc:
      Subject: [All] Job Announcement (fwd)

      FYI
      ****
      > Earthjustice, the nation> '> s largest nonprofit law firm for the
      environment, seeks an experienced grant writer to join our development
      team. Reporting to the Director of Foundation Relations, the Development
      Officer is responsible for successfully implementing Earthjustice> '> s
      foundation fundraising effort for several of the organization> '> s
      regional offices, projects, and programs. In addition to prospect
      research, proposal writing, and report preparation, the Development
      Officer prepares project budgets, coordinates approaches with Earthjustice
      staff, cultivates relationships with foundation program officers, works
      with accounting staff to generate financial reports, develops revenue
      projections, collaborates with major and planned gift and communications
      staff, and travels to meet with foundation and regional office staff.
      > Qualifications include at least three years development experience, with
      at least two years in grant writing; excellent written and oral
      communications skills; an ability to translate complex legal concepts into
      engaging prose for lay readers; ability to work under pressure of multiple
      deadlines; ability to work as a member of a team; and a Bachelor> '> s
      degree. Some evening and weekend work is required.
      > Earthjustice is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and
      encourages applications from women, people of color and other members of
      under-represented groups who will contribute to the diversity of its
      staff.
      > Please send cover letter, resume, and writing sample to: Development
      Officer, Foundations, Director of Human Resources, Earthjustice, 426 17th
      Street, 6th floor, Oakland, CA 94612, or email to jobs@....
      > No phone calls please.
      >

      > Wayne Salazar
      > Director of Foundation Relations