Project Associate, MIG, Berkeley

  • druss129
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 22, 2013
      We are seeking a Project Associate to join the Management and Policy Planning Services (MAPS) team at our Berkeley, CA headquarters. The MAPS team provides strategic planning, organizational development, agency policy planning, and community planning outreach services in the fields of land use, transportation, water policy, public health, parks and recreation and social welfare.

      The Project Associate will work closely with principals and project managers as a member of interdisciplinary project teams and have opportunities for progressive responsibility and advancement. This team member will participate in all aspects of project design and implementation, including group facilitation, research, writing, development of materials, meeting support, content analysis, administration and client contact. The Project Associate will also interact often with diverse members of communities during public engagement activities. Candidates who are adept at working at the community level, including with Spanish-speaking residents are especially desirable to our project team.

      Qualifications:
      A minimum of B.A./B.S. (Master’s degree preferred) in the social sciences, public policy, urban studies, planning or a related field.
      2-5 years work experience desired, depending on educational background.
      Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication required.
      Strong experience in public outreach and group facilitation preferred.

      Graphic production savvy, knowledge and experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, In Design and Illustrator).
      Strong interest in policy planning, community involvement, research and social and organizational change.
      Computer proficiency especially with Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, WordPress, and Survey Monkey[CB1] and social media tools.
      Bilingual ability and/ or fluency (Spanish) in both verbal and written communication a plus.

      Contact: Carol Braves
       mapsresumes@...
       510-845-7549