FT Job - Associate I, Strategic Economics, Berkeley

  • druss129
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2013
      Job LevelMid I (1-4 years)
      Salary RangeCommensurate with experience
      AICP CertificationNot Required

      Job Description

      Strategic Economics is a consulting and research firm specializing in urban, regional and real estate economics. The firm assists local governments, community groups, developers, and non-profit organizations understand the economic and development context in which they operate. The outcome of our work is to help organizations take strategic steps towards creating high quality places for people to live and work.

      Strategic Economics is seeking to hire an Associate I, with knowledge and interest in urban, regional and real estate economics.

      This position will work on a variety of projects that may include: real estate market analysis; fiscal impact analysis; transit-oriented development strategies; and regional economic development strategies. The following skills and experience are required:

      • Masters degree in city planning, public policy or a related field is required.
      • Strong analytical skills - The applicant must have experience analyzing various data sources, including Census and employment data.
      • Familiarity with one or more of the following areas: statistical analysis, regional economic analysis, pro forma modeling, market analysis, and/or fiscal analysis.
      • Strong proficiency with Excel, ArcView (GIS), Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint
      • Excellent writing skills
      • Some consulting experience preferred

      Creative thinkers are encouraged to apply. The ability to manage budgets, deadlines, other staff as well as demonstrated experience with independent work and leadership is highly desirable.

      The position is full-time and available immediately. Salary is commensurate with experience.

      Qualified candidates please submit your cover letter, resume and work sample to hr@....

      For more information about us please visit our website: www.strategiceconomics.com