Philadelphia planning job

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2003
      ----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 08/11/2003 02:17 PM -----

      Annie Decker <adecker@...>
      Sent by: owner-planning-jobs@...
      08/09/2003 09:44 AM

      To: planning-jobs@...
      cc:
      Subject: pn-net: job posting for Urban Planner

      ** HFA STAFF OPENINGS ***

      Associate Urban Planner

      Hurley~Franks & Associates, a planning and urban design firm with an
      emphasis on public involvement facilitation and project communications,
      seeks candidates for immediate employment in our Center City, Philadelphia
      office.

      Our small but growing firm is seeking a talented, energetic person to
      serve
      as Associate Urban Planner.

      Specific tasks depend on client needs, but project responsibilities may
      include:
      * Project management: committee support, meeting facilitation, minutes,
      etc.
      * Website development and updating
      * ArcView GIS: map layout, shapefile creation and editing, etc.
      * Surveys: survey development, database development, coding, analysis
      * Graphic design: Development of brochures, PowerPoint presentations,
      display boards, etc.
      * Internet research
      * Event planning
      * Conceptual design development

      Minimum requirements include a Masters degree in urban planning or a
      related
      field, a strong interest in planning and urban design, and strong project
      management skills. Must have strong writing skills, the ability to
      workindependently but also to work as an enthusiastic team member, and the
      professionalism to work directly with clients. Must have excellent
      computer
      skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Quark, Illustrator, and
      Photoshop
      Dreamweaver, AutoCAD, and GIS a plus). Experience working with government
      agencies is strongly desired. AICP and/or ASLA and/or AIA membership is
      desirable.

      HFA is looking for people who think critically, communicate effectively,
      contribute in a team environment, manage themselves, and learn
      continually.
      We cultivate staff with a combination of technical and "soft" skills,
      people
      who can learn quickly and provide high-value service to our primarily
      government-sector clients.

      We offer a competitive salary and benefits, 401 (k), and opportunities for
      growth.

      EOE-Smoke Free Workplace

      Salary: DOE

      Contact:
      Jennifer Hurley
      P: 215-988-9440
      JLHurley@...
      majordomo@...
      with the words "unsubscribe pn-net" (without the quotes) in the body of
      the
      message-----
      --

      --> __o
      --> _\<_

      "Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the
      future of the human race."
      H. G. Wells
      * *