The organization is looking to add a Manager to our San Francisco staff. The Manager’s overall responsibility is to facilitate and manage the implementation of the District Council’s goals and objectives. He/she will be the lead staff person responsible for managing ULIsf’s Programs, Local Product Councils, Young Leaders Group, and for the logistical aspects of planning and implementing District Council events. The Manager will also support Membership, Technical Assistance Panels (TAPs), and other special initiatives. For more information about the San Francisco District Council, please visit sf.uli.org.
The position will report to the Executive Director of the San Francisco District Council and work with the ULIsf leadership, District Council members and staff based in Washington, DC directing work with members, vendors, consultants, and media outlets. The selected candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and a passion for real estate, land use, and urbanism. This is a great opportunity for a well-organized, enthusiastic individual that is able to negotiate different points of view and keep projects moving. Someone with a broad knowledge of and experience in real estate and market analysis will be most successful.
- Committee Management – Manage implementation of annual plans and work with chairs and members to assure assignments are carried forth between meetings.
- Programs – Help determine content for 50-60 events/year, including annual signature Emerging Trends and Icons events; help identify new committee members; manage event logistics and staff to ensure events are well executed.
- Local Product Councils (LPCs) – Work with co-chairs of two LPCs to schedule and implement meetings, oversee recruiting new members and support the expansion of the program.
- Young Leaders Group (YLG) - Coordinate and participate in YLG Steering Committee to implement approximately 15 events/year; coordinate and execute the annual Mentor Program, Scholarship Program and University Fellowship Program; work to identify programs to encourage Young Leaders to stay active.
- Membership – Support existing membership and identify new membership initiatives; coordinate and execute membership-driven events; work to grow local membership.
- TAPs – Assist in managing Technical Assistance Panel (TAP) Committee and in delivering 1-3 TAPs annually.
- Demonstrated high degree of initiative and program management.
- Advanced software skills (Word, Excel, graphic design, website software, new communications technologies)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- BA required, graduate work desirable.
- 5-7 years of related experience (e.g., real estate, urban land economics, urban planning, policy)
For a complete job description and more information on ULI, please visit www.uli.org. Please submit your resume and letter of introduction to jobs@.... Subject line “Manager, ULI San Francisco”. EOE/m/f/d/v