FT Job: Assistant Planner, City of Cotati - Sonoma County

  • druss129
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2013

      CLOSING DATE: September 30, 2013

      JOB DESCRIPTION: Assistant Planner

      The City of Cotati is located in Sonoma County, with easy access to the greater Bay Area and Northern California. With our central location and unique hexagonal town square, we are known as “The Hub.” We are seeking applicants for the position of Assistant Planner. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, professional planner with an aptitude for problem solving and excellent communication skills.  Under general supervision, the position will perform urban planning and land use work, including both current and advance planning projects, will assist customers at the public counter; will review zoning and development applications; will assist in development of a new Housing Element; present projects to the Design Review Committee and Planning Commission; and coordinate special projects.  The position may also prepare and review environmental documents, so knowledge of practice and requirements of the California Environmental Quality Act is required. In addition, the position will be called upon to research, analyze, and interpret social, economic, demographic, and land use data and trends. A full description of the position can be found on the City’s website at www.ci.cotati.ca.us.

      SALARY AND BENEFITS:

      The salary range is $4,569 to $5,554 per month with generous benefits.

      Applicants must submit a completed City of Cotati application form to the Personnel Officer, 201 West Sierra Avenue, Cotati, CA  94931.  All completed applications must be received by the City of Cotati no later than 5:00 p.m., Monday, September 30, 2013.  POSTMARKED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED after this date and time.  Appraisal interviews and testing will take place in October 2013.