FT position - Oakland - Intern or Entry Level Urban Designer

  • Asha Weinstein Agrawal
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20 9:31 PM
      From: Planning Jobs | Department of City and Regional Planning at Berkeley <
      webmaster@...>
      Date: Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 9:23 PM
      Subject: Planning Jobs - Department of City and Regional Planning at
      Berkeley

      Urban Design Intern / Entry Level

      Work with City Design Collective! We seek an intern and/or entry level
      urban designer to assist with a wide range of urban design project types.
      The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in urban design, and its
      role in the planning and revitalization of economically, environmentally,
      and culturally vibrant and sustainable communities. Current project types
      in which the intern may participate include: Downtown and Corridor
      Revitalization Strategies; Development Codes; Community Outreach
      (preparation of outreach strategies and materials); Site Masterplanning;
      Development of Web-Based Civic Applications (including website development)
      Familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop,
      Illustrator) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) is essential.
      Excellent writing skills is also essential. Experience and/or strong
      interest in graphic design and the ability to create attractive graphic
      materials (maps, documents, marketing materials). Interest in marketing
      efforts (social media coordination, blogs, updates). We offer an excellent
      opportunity to learn about a full range of urban design practices for a
      variety of public and private sector clients. We are located in a great new
      office space on the best block in downtown oakland, only two blocks from
      the 19th street Bart station. This is not a corporate office. We make an
      effort to enjoy our days. The music is on. Please feel free to distribute
      widely, and please contact me directly with any inquiries. Thank you, Ian
      Ross

      Firm Name: City Design Collective

      Location: 363 17th Street Oakland, CA 94612 Two blocks from 19th Street
      Bart Station

      Payment: Paid

      Contact: Ian Ross Email: Ian@...

      Category: Urban Design