3 positions available at Transform

  • Hilary Nixon
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2013
      *TransForm is hiring for three positions!*

      *ABOUT TRANSFORM: *TransForm works to create world-class public
      transportation and walkable communities in the Bay Area and beyond. We
      build diverse coalitions, influence policy, and develop innovative programs
      to improve the lives of all people and protect the environment. We achieve
      this mission by working with groups and people representing a broad range
      of backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more at
      www.TransFormca.org

      TransForm's staff is focused on making positive change in the world,
      celebrates diversity and is committed to being intentionally inclusive in
      all of our relationships. We are looking for three great people to join our
      dynamic team!

      *We are currently hiring for:*
      *
      *
      *Community Planner -
      *This position is perfect for someone who is passionate about improving
      transportation and land use resulting in a more equitable and sustainable
      Oakland and Bay Area. The ideal candidate will bring experience running
      advocacy campaigns; have strong communication and relationship building
      skills and political savvy. The work will provide excellent exposure to a
      wide range of issues, organizations, and leaders from various fields
      including housing, transportation, climate change, public health, economic
      development, and leadership development.
      *
      *
      *Database and Online Communications Manager - *This position serves as the
      technical point person for TransForm's Salesforce database and online
      systems, helping us to fully harness and enhance our technology in ways
      like: 1) engaging a broad base of activists, donors, and partners; 2)
      better use of data to inform our decision making, strategies, fundraising,
      and operations; and 3) managing and tracking finances, program benchmarks,
      and more. This role offers a great blend of of responsibilities to build on
      strong systems and planning; and be part of a fun, collaborative, and
      supportive team. It is an exciting time at TransForm as our issues get
      hotter and there are new opportunities to win big changes!

      *ClimatePlan Communications and Network Director - *ClimatePlan, a leading
      network of environmental, social justice, and public health organizations,
      seeks a skilled Communications and Network Director to sustain our network
      and strengthen campaigns. The Communications and Network Director is a new
      position that replaces a part-time Communications Manager and comes with
      significant potential for growth and leadership development. As part of a
      small staff of 4, the Communications and Network Director will be
      responsible for overseeing the effective deployment of communication tools,
      providing communications support to on-the-ground campaigns, and executing
      regular meetings and events to build and support our network. A more
      experienced candidate will have the opportunity to take on additional
      leadership roles such as network development, strategy and facilitation.

      *The benefits are great at TransForm - *We are very flexible and
      family-friendly. We have generous vacation and holidays. We have excellent
      health and dental benefits, and designate funds for professional
      development. We contribute to the Commuter Check program and administer an
      employee contribution 403(b) retirement plan.
      All positions are full-time (exempt) and based out of our Downtown Oakland
      office. *Read the full job descriptions
      here<http://www.transformca.org/about-us/jobs-transform>
      * and please share these opportunities with your networks today!

      Hilary Nixon, Ph.D.
      Associate Professor
      Associate Chair and Graduate Adviser
      Department of Urban & Regional Planning