Discussion session on evolution of Caltrain, etc. (Oakland, 7/31)
- [Note that EVERYONE is welcome at events of the International Chinese
Transportation Professionals Association -- you need not be Chinese to
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: ICTPA Northern California Chapter <ictpa.ca@...>
Date: Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Subject: [ICTPA] SAVE THE DATE! Discussion Session on Wednesday, July 31st,
To: ICTPA <ictpa@...>
Dear ICTPA Members and Other Interested Professionals,
Please save July 31, 2013 in your calendar for our first Discussion Session
in downtown Oakland! We have two members with interesting topics along with
questions for all of you.
Keynote speech 1: The Evolution of Caltrain (Tom Tsai, USDOT/Federal
Railroad Administration Retiree)
Discussion Question: Do you use/support HSR and Caltrain?
Keynote speech 2: Edmonton Southeast LRT Signal Development and Its VISSIM
Implementation (Allen Nie, Hatch Mott Macdonald, Project Manager)
- What are the considerations in developing LRT signals?
- LRT signal priority strategies for at-grade intersections: best practice?
- How to balance local traffic / LRT operations for at-grade intersections?
- Future year VISSIM model validation: what to look at?
Please spread the word to your colleagues and other professional
organizations � all are welcome.
Details for Registraion will be forthcoming. Questions, e-mail us at
ictpa.ca@... or call Joanna Liu at 510-342-6263.
Board of the ICTPA Northern CA Chapter
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]