2013 Project Pipeline Architecture Summer Camp

  • skiboy1996
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2013
      Greetings fellow planning students:

      I am part of the San Francisco Chapter of The National Organization of
      Minority Architects(NOMA) and we will be hosting our fourth annual Project
      Pipeline Architecture Summer Camp starting next Friday July 12 on the San
      Francisco campus of CCA. Project Pipeline is NOMA's national program which
      introduces minority middle school students to architecture, planning,
      community engagement and sustainability. Here is the link to the video
      from last year's camp http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld-hrf5UbRo

      The design problem will be located in the Hunterspoint Bayview district of
      San Francisco along the 3rd street light rail, the kids will be designing
      in teams a small mixed used retail complex which includes a community
      pocket park/green alleyway.

      We are looking for volunteer commitments for any of the camp days (
      duration of commitment is flexible but a minimum half day...maximum "as
      long as you want"). The camp days are as follows:

      *Fri *7/12 8:30am-5:30pm
      *Sat* 7/13 8:30am-5:30pm
      *Fri* 7/19 8:30am-5:30pm
      *Sat* 7/20 8:30am-5:30pm

      *Sat *7/20 Final Presentation and Reception *
      Pin up/Set up 4pm-5:30 and Clean up 7pm-8:30pm*

      NOTE: Each session will have a 1hr lunch break between 12:30pm and 1:30pm

      I will be there between 8am-6pm each day. I know Friday's are challenging
      for most but the first Friday 7/12 and Sat 7/13 we have the greatest need
      for volunteers/instructors. To help all you need to know is a little about
      design and a willingness to work with middle school aged youth.

      Thank you in advance for anytime you can help out!

      Prescott Reavis NOMA | LEED AP BD+C | SEED
      Community Designer : Educator : Planner
      http://skibison.wix.com/preavis

      Life's most persistent and urgent question is: what are you doing for
      others?

      -- Martin Luther King Jr.

      �The architect�s role is to fight for a better world�� Oscar Niemeyer
      * <http://thinkexist.com/quotes/a._philip_randolph/>*