Full Time Position - Berkeley

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2003
      ----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 07/31/2003 04:40 AM -----

      Kaye Bock <kbock@...>
      Sent by: owner-planning-jobs@...
      07/24/2003 10:42 AM

      To: planning-jobs@...
      cc:
      Subject: Full Time Position (CA)

      Job Description for Analyst

      BAE (Bay Area Economics), a dynamic national urban development
      consulting practice, seeks an Analyst to perform a range of tasks
      at our headquarters office in Berkeley, CA.

      Responsibilities include quantitative and qualitative research, analysis
      of
      demographic and economic data, telephone contact with real estate
      developers
      and city agencies, case studies, and policy analysis.

      Position requires BA in urban studies, city planning, or equivalent.
      Strong
      organizational and interpersonal skills required. Also requires skill with
      Microsoft
      Office programs. Working knowledge of GIS highly desirable. The successful
      applicant will enjoy a fast-paced, collaborative environment with
      dedicated
      professionals, and have a strong interest in urban and community
      development
      issues.

      BAE offers a flexible, fun, supportive workplace with full benefits.
      Starting salary
      of $40,000 to $45,000, DOE. More information about BAE can be found at
      http://www.bayareaeconomics.com

      To apply, please email resume to: awatkins@....
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 10, 2003
        ----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 11/10/2003 11:41 AM -----

        Kaye Bock <kbock@...>
        Sent by: owner-planning-jobs@...
        11/06/2003 11:31 AM

        To: planning-jobs@...
        cc:

        POSITION OPENING
        URBAN ECONOMICS AND FINANCING ANALYST

        Applied Development Economics
        2029 University Avenue
        Berkeley, Ca. 94704
        www.adeusa.com

        Applied Development Economics is an economic development consulting firm
        established in 1985 with offices in Berkeley and Sacramento, California.
        We currently have a position open as an associate for an individual with
        the following background.

        · A Master's Degree in City Planning, Economics, or Public Policy
        · Demonstrated ability to analyze economic data
        · Familiarity with fiscal impact analysis and public finance
        · Experience with commercial, industrial or residential market
        analysis
        · Understanding of community development and planning techniques
        · Strong writing and communication skills
        · Desire and interest in providing consulting services

        ADE does a broad range of work in rural and urban communities throughout
        the western U.S. Candidates must be willing to travel in the field and
        stay overnight if required by the specific job. We are seeking candidates
        that have a strong interest in the fields of community planning and
        economic development, and possess a range of skills that can be applied to
        many situations faced by ADE's clients. Relevant skills include the
        following:

        · Fiscal Impact Analysis
        · Public Finance
        · Market Analysis
        · Economic Impact Analysis
        · Economic Forecasting
        · Input/Output Analysis
        · Survey Research
        · Others

        Salary Range

        DOQ

        Contact
        If interested, email resume to:
        Aba Owens
        Aowens@...
        No calls please. We will respond to all resumes submitted.