SOM, SF : Urban Designer (entry level)
- Job Title SF - Urban Designer
Location San Francisco, CA
Open Date 06/10/2013
Career Level Entry Level
Job Type Full-time
Category Architectural Services
Division Urban Design / Planning - Design
Education Graduate School
Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP, an internationally-known, multi-disciplinary architectural and engineering design practice seeks applications for an Urban Designer to join the Urban Design and Planning Studio in its San Francisco office. The Studio specializes in the planning and urban design of large-scale, urban revitalization projects, as well as in master plans for major institutions, business campuses, and new communities. Projects are primarily located in the western United States and the Pacific Rim. The candidate will have the opportunity to work on prestigious projects, for interdisciplinary collaboration within the firm, and gain visibility in the community.
BACKGROUND & SKILL SET:
- Demonstrated excellence in urban design, 3-D building massing conceptualization
- Understand urban planning zoning and technical issues
- Outstanding graphic presentation skill
- Candidate must demonstrate computer skills, including proficiency with AutoCAD and desktop publishing software
- Ability to use GIS and 3-D computer modeling software is a plus
- Highly-motivated, good team player, and possess strong oral and written communication, and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work independently
- Ability to support client and multi-disciplinary sub-consultant team communications
- Travel may be required
- Master Degree in Urban Design or City Planning, with undergraduate training in architecture design.
- Minimal experience in urban design is required; recent graduates are encouraged to apply.