Job opportunity : Entry Level Environmental Planner – Oakland, CA

  • radha
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 18, 2013
      Link: http://www.linkedin.com/jobs?viewJob=&jobId=5981280&goback=%2Enmp_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1&trk=nmp_rj_job

      job Description

      About the Business

      Environmental Jobs at CH2M HILL

      Today, the importance of environmental stewardship is unprecedented. As businesses go "Green" and society becomes more proactive, your role inCH2M HILL's Environmental Group provides opportunities to participate in projects that will protect the Earth's natural resources. We help our clients in both government and industry markets safeguard and restore natural resources as cost-effectively as possible. Overall it is a monumental task, but with each day, we have the opportunity to limit our footprint. Ready? Let's Get to Work.

      Description and Desired Qualifications
      CH2M HILL Environmental Project Planner Careers - Entry Level – Oakland, CA
      CH2M HILL is currently seeking an Environmental Project Planner. This entry-level position provides the opportunity to contribute to multi-disciplinary project teams in all phases of the execution and delivery of siting and licensing projects related to energy production and transmission. The planner will serve as a key team member working with scientists, engineers, project managers, and other project staff. The immediate need is for support of projects based in the San Francisco Bay Area, but planners based in our Oakland office often support projects throughout the western United States.

      Candidates should be self-motivated professionals with a Bachelor's Degree in Urban, Regional, or Environmental Planning or a related field and with a desire to further establish themselves as professional project planner with an emphasis on land use planning and project permitting.

      Our Environmental Project Planners:

      Provide land use planning knowledge to help with industrial energy projects including but not limited to natural gas, renewables (e.g., solar and wind power), and electrical transmission
      Provide written findings of fact and other analyses for land use application support
      Have general knowledge of the California land use planning and permitting processes with the ability to research applicable rules
      Provide general land use planning and research for energy projects
      Support visual impact analyses for various energy projects
      Demonstrate an understanding of the importance in environmental planning and permitting processes of clear and effective communication, both written and verbal
      Have excellent organization skills and are able to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and under deadline pressure
      Are detail-oriented, able to follow instructions and to communicate with staff to understand assignments or seek clarification as necessary
      Have a strong desire to become a consultant (team player, eager to learn and grow, self-starter that takes initiative, adaptable, possessing a service mentality)
      Additional Information:
      Relocation assistance is not available for this position. CH2M HILL will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa, etc) to fill this position.
      Basic Qualifications

      BA/BS degree in Environmental Studies, Urban, Regional, or Environmental Land Use Planning or a related field
      0-2 year's experience, with internships in urban or land planning Land use planning knowledge gained through work experience or classroom projects
      Must have excellent communication skills both verbal and written

      Preferred Qualifications

      Masters degree in Environmental Studies, Urban, Regional or Environmental Planning or a related field
      Years of Experience: 1-4 years
      NEPA and/or CEQA experience
      Other federal or state permitting experience a plus
      Experience preparing land use permit applications in California (e.g., Conditional Use Permit applications) a plus