FT job - Dyett & Bhatia - Planner/Urban Designer

  • druss129
    Message 1 of 1 , May 23, 2013
      CLOSING DATE: June 07, 2013
      COMPANY WEBSITE: www.dyettandbhatia.com
      JOB DESCRIPTION: Dyett & Bhatia, Urban and Regional Planners (www.dyettandbhatia.com) is looking for an Planner/Urban Designer to work on challenging and rewarding assignments in the western United States, with a focus on California. We are a collegial, dynamic team with an award-winning portfolio, committed to place-based planning and excellence, and professional growth. Our office is located in the historic Jackson Square District in downtown San Francisco, easily reached by transit.
      THE POSITION
      This position will focus on physical planning and urban design aspects of a range of planning assignments, including community plans, specific plan, zoning and development regulations, and design guidelines. Additionally, the Planner/Urban Designer will contribute to physical planning aspects of general plans. Work will combine design and planning, and involve writing reports and plans; creating computer models, drawings and maps; and facilitating community workshops.
      QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
      Candidates should have:
      • Degree in city planning with an urban design component, landscape architecture or architecture (either undergraduate or graduate)
      • Minimum one-year experience. Additional education and experience in urban planning is desirable
      • Excellent computer modeling abilities (3D Studio Max/Viz, AutoCAD, and SketchUp)
      • Expertise with Adobe CS are essential
      • Strong writing and design/physical planning abilities
      • Working knowledge of ArcGIS and hand-drawing ability are desirable
      Our collaborative work method and the public nature of our work necessitate all team members to possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Candidates must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents, or have U.S. work authorization.
      SALARY AND BENEFITS
      Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, retirement plan match, profit sharing, and transit subsidy.
      HOW TO APPLY
      Please email resume in PDF with cover letter/email to jobs@.... Please attach work samples/portfolio not exceeding 5MB in PDF format.