Lecture: Richard J. Jackson on Making Healthy Places: 5/6 and 5/7 at SPUR

  • druss129
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 22, 2013
      Monday, May 6, 12:30 p.m.: SPUR San Jose
      Tuesday, May 7, 6 p.m.: SPUR San Francisco

      Richard J. Jackson on Making Healthy Places

      The connection between human health and the built environment, particularly cities and suburbs, is undeniable. From buildings to neighborhoods, the places where we live and work affect our health. So how is a "healthy place" defined? Join a conversation with Richard J. Jackson, co-author of Making Healthy Places about the human health implications of buildings, neighborhoods and cities, during which he will offer ideas for ways to design and build a healthy environment for everyone.

      Monday, May 6, 2013
      12:30 p.m.
      San Jose Silicon Valley Chamber of Commerce
      101 West Santa Clara St.
      San Jose, CA 95113
      Free to the public

      Tuesday, May 7, 2013
      6 p.m.
      SPUR Urban Center
      654 Mission St
      San Francisco, CA 94105-4015

      Free to members; $10 for non-members

      SPUR lectures are part of the Solutions that Inspire Change Lecture series presented by Island Press with the San Francisco Planning + Urban Research Association. Visit SPUR San Francisco and SPUR San Josefor more information.

      Island Press is a trusted source of environmental information and solutions that inspire change. We publish the best new ideas about how to manage and protect our world's natural resources and distribute those ideas to help people make a positive difference in the world.