Job Announcement: Membership & Outreach Fellow, Walk Oakland Bike Oakland
- Walk Oakland Bike Oakland (WOBO) is a local bicycle and pedestrian advocacy organization dedicated to making biking and walking in Oakland safe, accessible, easy and fun!
WOBO seeks a dynamic and motivated person who will function as our Membership & Volunteer Fellow. The Membership & Outreach Fellow will work alongside the Board of Directors and WOBO staff members to broaden WOBO's outreach and visibility, refine our membership and volunteer programs, and build our grassroots membership base.
This fellowship is an opportunity to help build and strengthen an emerging organization. You will have the opportunity to help shape the direction of WOBO. The Membership & Outreach Fellow will have important responsibilities, and will support the Board of Directors and WOBO staff members on other tasks as needed.
Responsibilities will include
- Coordinate and fulfill new membership requests and renewals
- Manage the WOBO database (Salesforce)
- Coordinate materials and collateral development and distribution
- Provide assistance coordinating outreach at events
- Maintain the online WOBO event calendar
- Develop volunteer management system and coordinate volunteer trainings
- Assess and coordinate volunteer needs for WOBO, working with WOBO Membership & Development Committee
- Develop and coordinate communications calendar for WOBO projects, campaigns and appeals
- Manage WOBO's online outreach efforts, including WOBO's website, Facebook, and Twitter
- Perform general administrative duties such as responding to inquiries from members, partners, and vendors; processing mail; and managing supplies and marketing collateral.
- Representing WOBO to members, city staff, and the community at large
- Assist in developing membership growth and retention strategy, working with the Membership & Development committee
- Interest in Marketing/Membership/Outreach
- Strong track record of coordinating team projects
- Excellent oral communications skills
- Strong multitasking ability required
- Cheerful, friendly, upbeat outlook
- Natural leadership qualities
- Web/html experience
- Graphics savvy (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Professional and fun Writing Style
- Familiarity with biking and walking in Oakland
- Commitment to building a sustainable and more livable Oakland
- Experience with Macintosh computers
- Experience with Salesforce
E-mail your resume and cover letter to info@...