Paid Internship, Housing Planning, Baird + Driskell Community Planning Berkeley

  • druss129
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15, 2013
      Baird + Driskell Community Planning is seeking a motivated summer intern to assist with housing data collection and policy planning in the Bay Area. This involves researching and writing about housing needs and existing conditions, evaluating successes, updating housing policies and programs so they follow best practices, etc. See www.21elements.com for examples of previous work.
      Initially, the intern will work closely with the principals at Baird + Driskell to learn about housing policy and planning in California, but you would be expected to undertake much of the work independently.

      11 weeks, 32 hours per week, $20 per hour.

      Required skills:
      Clear and concise writing that is both technical and understandable to the general public
      Comfort collecting, analyzing and writing about basic data (demographics, housing statistics, etc.)
      Ability to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint and to present information in an attractive, easy to read way
      Desired skills:
      Familiarity with Adobe Design Suite (Photoshop, InDesign)
      Knowledge of housing planning and policy
      Work timeline and process:
      The pay is $20 per hour. The internship is for approximately 11 weeks at 32 hours per week. The intern will be able to schedule the hours as s/he sees fit (working in the evening is fine) and will primarily work from home.
      About Baird + Driskell Community Planning
      Baird + Driskell Community Planning is a planning firm specializing in such areas as comprehensive land use planning, general and specific plans, public participation, etc. We work closely with our clients, and in many cases serve as an extension of their staff to best tailor our products to their use.

      Joshua Abrams
      abrams@...