Job Announcement: Planner: CEQA, General Plans and Zoning, The Planning Center

  • druss129
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15, 2013
      The Planning Center | DC&E is hiring an entry level Planner for its Berkeley office.

      The Planning Center | DC&E is a multi-disciplinary firm of approximately 110 planners, urban designers and landscape architects working in the fields of city planning, environmental review, urban design, landscape architecture, GIS and public participation. We have a strong commitment to sustainable planning and design and to empowering and improving underserved communities. The Planning Center and Design, Community & Environment (DC&E) merged in March 2011, and provide services throughout California and the Intermountain West. Please take a look at our website (www.planningcenter.com) to find out more about the work we do.

      Job Description
      Planners are responsible for working in a collaborative environment with project managers and other staff members with all aspects of land use and environmental planning. The most important skills required for the planner position are the ability to do basic research on planning issues, synthesize information, and write clearly and concisely. Specific activities are likely to include the following:
      • Researching topics including past and present land uses; applicable local, regional, and state policies and regulations; infrastructure and services; and funding opportunities.
      • Writing planning-related documents, such as existing conditions reports, sections of Environmental Impact Reports, General Plans and proposals.
      • Creating presentations for interviews and community meetings.
      • Editing, laying out. and producing work products for client and public review.
      • Assisting at community meetings, including set up, sign in, note-taking and facilitation of small group discussions.
      • Visiting sites to photograph, document and report on existing conditions.
      • Synthesizing and presenting information from existing documents and technical subconsultant reports.
      • Coordinating with clients and subconsultants.
      This position requires high proficiency in most computer applications used at The Planning Center | DC&E, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Entry-level knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS software and Adobe graphics programs is a plus.
      We are particularly interested in candidates that are fluent in Spanish.
      We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits, and a casual work environment.

      The Planning Center | DC&E is an equal opportunity employer.

      Please email a single PDF containing a cover letter, resume, and a brief writing sample to Lena Liao at planningcenterdce@...